Do you have an LG refrigerator? If so, you may be wondering what the refrigerator modes are and how to use them.
In this blog post, we will discuss what the various LG refrigerator modes are, how to use them, and what benefits they offer. We will also provide some tips on how to get the most out of these modes.
LG Refrigerator Demo Mode
It’s possible that an LG refrigerator is in demo mode if it has OF F with no cooling in the freezer and refrigerator compartments. This mode is often utilized when displaying a refrigerator at stores to save energy.
So, if your LG fridge is new, it’s most likely to be in demo or display mode.
LG Refrigerator Diagnostic Mode
LG refrigerators come with a variety of modes that let you customize your refrigerator.
Some modes are meant to be used while the fridge is running, such as Freezer Mode and Express Freeze Mode. Other modes are more like diagnostic tests that help you learn more about what’s going on inside your LG appliance.
Here is a list of all the different LG refrigerator diagnostic modes and what they do:
- Test Mode 1 – To put your LG refrigerator in Test Mode 1, locate the “Freezer Temp” function. But keep in mind that some units have a dedicated “TEST” button. If yours is one of them, press the button for the amount of time indicated instead. Then, press the “Express Freezing” and “Colder” choices at the same time. When in this diagnostic mode, the steeping damper is opened, the defrosting heater is off, and the display LEDs are all on.
- Test Mode 2 – To get to Test Mode 2, you must follow the same procedure, but hold the “Express Freezing” and “Colder” buttons for 3 seconds. When in this diagnostic mode, the steeping damper is closed, the defrosting heater is off, and the display LED shows number 2.
- Test Mode 3 – This mode is identical to Test Modes 1 and 2, but you must continue holding the “Express Freezing” and “Colder” buttons for longer than 3 seconds. When in this diagnostic mode, the steeping damper is shut, the compressor and fan are turned off, the defrosting heater is on, and the display LED shows number 3.
LG Refrigerator Defrost Mode
To put an LG refrigerator in defrost mode, press the Colder and Express Freezing buttons simultaneously for more than 3 seconds. The compressor and fan will shut off, and the damper will close at this stage, leaving the defrost heater to come on and begin defrosting the device.
A defrost button may be found on some LG refrigerators that allows you to put the appliance in defrost mode. Simply press the defrost button again to return the refrigerator to normal operation.
How to Fix LG Refrigerator Stuck in Defrost Mode
If your LG refrigerator is stuck in defrost mode, look for and reset the defrost thermostat. It’s possible that the contacts aren’t shutting down because you’re putting hot food in there. If that’s the case, it’s most likely because you haven’t disabled the timer yet.
The defrost timer is usually on the lower kick-plate or on the control panel behind the refrigerator. Using a flat-head screwdriver, turn the round notches counterclockwise. Turn it until the fan stops operating. This restarts the timer and if it is still functional, the refrigerator will go back to the mode you left it in.
If your LG refrigerator is still not working after trying these tips, then there’s a problem with the defrost thermostat and you’ll need to replace it.
LG Refrigerator Energy Saver Mode
An LG refrigerator with an energy-saver feature automatically switches to energy-saving mode when usage is low, allowing the appliance to operate at peak efficiency. It’s ideal for when you’re not home, as example, on vacation.
The temperature in each compartment is lower than usual, yet energy consumption does not rise. In fact, energy use has decreased. This option is known as Eco mode.
LG Refrigerator Vacation Mode
An LG refrigerator’s vacation mode allows the fridge to enter power-saving mode. This mode, which is somewhat similar to the Eco mode, is useful if you have to be away for an extended period of time.
There’s a button with the word Vacation on it that must be pushed once to activate and again to deactivate the function.
LG Refrigerator Sabbath Mode
The Sabbath mode feature is available on some LG refrigerators, and you can adjust it by pressing a combination of buttons. The Sabbath mode allows the refrigerator to be used even during religious observances, such as Jewish holidays. You are not permitted to utilize many fridge features while in operation to prevent breaking religious regulations. nHowever, the refrigerator’s defrost timer will still run, and the freezer will stay cold.
To turn on/off Sabbath mode:
- Close every door and drawer to put the fridge into Sabbath mode.
- Hold down the Freezer Drawer and WiFi keys for about 3 seconds. Both LEDs on the fridge will light up.
- To turn off the setting, repeat the same sequence of buttons again.
LG Refrigerator Ice Plus Mode
An Ice Plus mode is available on some LG models. This function increases the cooling performance and the amount of ice produced by turning it up to the maximum level.
To turn on/off the Ice Plus mode:
- Press the Settings option.
- Press the Refrigerator Manager option.
- In the Ice Plus option, press On or Off.
How to Put an LG Fridge in Demo Mode
To put an LG fridge in demo mode, simply open any of the refrigerator’s doors and press the Ice Plus and Refrigerator buttons at the same time for approximately 5 seconds. The temperature display should go off as a beep sounds from the control panel.
This procedure is only valid for LG refrigerator models manufactured in 2018 or earlier.
If you have a newer LG refrigerator, such as those made after 2019, open the fridge’s right door and press the Ice Plus and Refrigerator buttons at the same time. Take your finger off of the Ice Plus button and while keeping it on the Refrigerator button, press the Ice Plus button 3 times.
How to Get an LG Refrigerator Out of Demo Mode
To turn an LG refrigerator off demo mode, open any of the doors and press the Ice Plus and Refrigerator buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds. The temperature information will display on the control panel as it beeps. This is only applicable to LG refrigerators manufactured in 2018 or earlier.
For refrigerators built in 2019 or later, open the right door. Press the Ice Plus and Refrigerator buttons at the same time. Remove your finger from the Ice Plus button and then press the Refrigerator button 3 times.
LG refrigerators come with a number of modes that can be used to conserve energy and make your fridge more efficient. We hope you’ve found this article helpful in learning how these features work and what they’re useful for.
If you have any questions or need help setting up one of these modes, please let us know!